The Records Unit collects, processes, and disseminates all police reports of crime, accidents, arrests, and services. The unit is also responsible for categorizing and filing reports. Reports are distributed to:
- Affected agencies
- Insurance companies
Employee Liquor Permit (Liquor ID Card)
- To renew or obtain an employee liquor permit in the City of Blue Springs, applicants must complete the State of Missouri Alcohol Responsibility Training (SMART) program with a score of 100%. SMART is an interactive, web-based course that is available 24/7 and is free of charge to people who own or work for any Missouri establishment licensed to sell alcohol. First time users must create an account and receive their password before completing the course.
- Complete and print a Blue Springs Employee Liquor Permit Application. Once complete, bring the application, proof of identification and a copy of the SMART certificate to the Blue Springs Police Department, Records Unit located in the Howard L. Brown Public Safety Building, 1100 SW Smith Street. The application fee is $20.
- Before a permit can be issued, an applicant must pass a background check for felony convictions. Once complete, a permit will be issued and is valid for two (2) years from the date of the application.
- Blue Springs Records Unit: (816) 228-0160
- Blue Springs Business Services: (816) 228-0131
- Missouri Department of Public Safety, Alcohol & Tobacco Control: (573) 526-2769