The Parks and Recreation Department is excited to offer online registration for most recreation classes. This online service is made possible through registration services from Active.com
- There is a nominal fee (6.5% + $.50) to use this service, minimum of $2.00 per transaction, which covers Active.com’s processing costs. This is the only fee associated with the service.
- Active.com is a secure site.
- All credit card and registration information supplied by users is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- You must be 18 years or older and have a valid Visa or Master Card to use this service. Active.com’s name will appear on your credit card statement.
- Parents registering a minor (under the age of 13) will have to create a user ID and password.
- Active.com is compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, otherwise known as COPPA, which requires that websites obtain parental consent before collecting any personal information from children under the age of 13 and protecting the child from releasing information about themselves that could allow a stranger to contact them. By creating a login, Active.com captures this needed parental consent.
- Participants should keep their confirmation e-mail from Active.com as a receipt. This should be brought to the first class.
If online registration is full you may use other methods such as:
Mail-in or Fax registration form can be obtained by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at (816) 228-0137 or can be downloaded, Recreation Activity Registration Form
. Registration Forms can be faxed to (816) 228-7592.